Project Management Analyst
The Project Management Analyst is an entry to mid-level position reporting to the Project Management Office (PMO) Manager. The Project Management Analyst is responsible for the coordination and management of work performed by Neil Hoosier & Associates (NHA) staff under the Medicare Secondary Payer Integration Contract (MSPIC). The MSPIC is Medicare’s Coordination of Benefits and Recovery contractor responsible for ensuring that all contractors supporting the COB&R program operate in unison. As part of the MSPIC, the Analyst is responsible for project management and analysis activities related to the on-time delivery of work products according to the project schedule, scope and budget.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performs project management functions related to contract including meeting facilitation; producing project status reports and metrics; maintaining issue and action item logs, maintaining lessons learned repository.
- Assists PMO Manager in the Risk Management Program including maintaining the risk register, participating in risk collection activities and risk management meetings, making recommendations for risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintains contract Project Wide Management Plan and schedule in MS Project, tracks project status, makes recommendations for schedule compression when needed.
- Assists PMO Manager in development of a variety of project management plans.
- Assists PMO Manager with management of contract customer relationships.
- Responsible for the technical accuracy, timeliness and quality of contract deliverables.
- Interfaces with NHA staff, subcontractors, consultants, vendors and similar parties, if any, engaged in performing work under the contract component.
- Assists in development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and templates needed for project management processes.
- Assists MSPIC staff in various project management processes by identifying, recommending, and helping to implement project management best practices.
- Meets with contract customer representatives on a regular basis to review scheduling, priorities, performance issues, and similar matters.
- Provides written status updates according to contract requirements.
- Provides regular status updates to the PMO Manager. Escalates issues as needed to senior management at NHA and customer.
- Becomes knowledgeable about business processes around the program/contract in order to answer questions that may arise around the project management process, rationale, and need.
- Applies changes, updates, and corrections to products as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, related work experience
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a related field
- PMP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare and/or Medicare Secondary Payer/Coordination of Benefits preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication, technical writing, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and technical teams.
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player