Do you have a great idea to support the community and expand project management awareness, skillset, or growth of the Chapter? Do you just need more project management experience?
The PMI Baltimore Innovation Board wants to hear from you!
Group ideas are welcome. You will need to develop your Project Charter, submit for review.
The Innovation Leader will review submissions to ensure they have all the details needed for the Board to make a determination. The Board will consist of Board Members from the PMI Baltimore Chapter, The PMI Baltimore Community Fund Board, and other invited Non-Profits. Once they are reviewed to ensure completeness - the submissions will be sent to the board to review and consider which ideas will move to the next step in the process. The Board will review as many as time permits.
Ideas that are submitted may be asked to move to the next step and attend a special meeting with the board Quarterly, where you will present your idea and you may have a chance to lead an effort. The ideas can improve the Chapter or can improve the community. They can work with other organizations (i.e. Boy Scouts, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Baltimore Tool Bank, Public School System, etc.) or be only within the chapter.
If selected you will need to submit regular (monthly or quarterly as determined by the board) reports on status. If the idea is not selected now, we will work with you to overcome the hurdles to implement in the future. (ex. Will cost more than currently budgeted - we could identify Corporate Sponsors, Partner with other Non-Profits, work on reducing the scope to a more manageable project, or work it into future budgets).
Ideas will be evaluated on:
- Merit - How much benefit it will provide
- Cost - Funding needed to complete
- Schedule - How long it will take
- Volunteers needed - How many are needed, How many are already on board, and Job Descriptions (Including Time & Effort)
- Stakeholders - Does this involve other Organizations - such as Baltimore Tool Bank - and are there already agreements in place or how difficult will this be
- Your Passion - How involved do you want to be in this and will you see this through to the end
Now is your chance to bring your idea to reality!
•If selected, you will earn project management experience (&/or PDUs) and improve our community/Chapter.