Quantitative Feedback -
There is a case to be made regarding the benefit of having a rigorous and dynamic quantitative feedback mechanism throughout the life cycle. The purpose of this seminar is to discuss in detail the benefits and challenges of establishing life cycle measurements. To include:
• Clarifying why metrics are of benefit for managing to the triple constraint of cost, scope and schedule.
• Discussing the impact of some common and often unavoidable pitfalls of the development life cycle
• Outlining the benefit of using metrics to support risk/issue avoidance and mitigation, and for an objective feedback
• Guidance on establishing measurable links between scheduled activities
• Specifying the type of measures are most useful in a basic process
• Sample formats and content for metrics data collection and reporting - simple to complex
"Patricia Lyles, PMP has a diverse background in applications and IT project and program management. Patricia began her career as a defense contractor over 25 years ago performing verification and validation on the Ground Launched Cruise Missile program. Since then, in addition to Department of Defense, Patricia has worked as a contractor providing services to the Department of State, NASA, the Department of the Interior, the Department of the Treasury, the Department of Labor, and the Environmental Protection Agency. Along the way Patricia has led teams delivering scientific, business, and healthcare systems, and information technology infrastructure.
"One of Patricia’s key leadership and management learning experiences has been the importance of using objective measures whenever possible to assist in planning and reporting progress. Metrics can be used to validate schedule status, earned value reporting, risks and issues. Objective measurement leads to greater confidence in status as reported and anticipated outcomes.
"Patricia earned her Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Howard University and her Master of Science in Information Systems from American University – both in Washington, D.C. She has been PMP credentialed since 2005."
This session will qualitfy you for 1 Technical PDU
Location: , Maryland Conference Room, CACI Building, 2720 Technology Dr, Annapolis Junction, MD, 20701
Lunch will be served from 11:30 - 12:00 followed by our speaker from 12 - 1:00 pm
|Event Date||12-11-2018 11:30 am|
|Event End Date||12-11-2018 1:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||12-03-2018|
|Cut off date||12-11-2018 11:00 am|
|Individual Price||$17.00 non-members; $14.00 members|
|No. of Strategic PDUs||1|